The Hoey Moey Coffs Harbour Boardriders Club is one of the longest running clubs in Australia, having been an integral part of the Coffs Coast surfing community since 1965.
After a successful 50th reunion celebration, presented by Wayne “Rabbit” Bartholomew, the club was further recognised on the national stage with the prestigious honour of being named Boardriders club of the year for 2016 and noe getting the award again in 2018.
The club has a simple but strong ethos:
“We are a strong proud family club with a focus on building great friendships and future champions”
Without the support of the community and past and future sponsors this simply wouldn’t be possible and as you’ll see by our following list of achievements, we plan on continuing to position ourselves as one of the Coffs Coast most revered sporting clubs.
Accolades and achievements
- This year we purchased our very own club house, an achievement very few clubs throughout Australia can boast and a facility that will ensure the club’s future growth. The club house will serve as our very own training and development centre, fully equipped with state of the art training and video analysis equipment.
- CHBC proudly hosts one of the largest and most prestigious junior surf comps in the country, “The Billabong OZ Grom Cup”, providing positive development for our local juniors and surfers nation-wide. Held at Park Beach, the week-long event has injected over $3,000,000 into our local community since its inception 4 years ago.
- Our successful Junior Development weekly program rolled out this Year, offering free strength and surf training to all our junior members. Conducted by our very own Jayke Sharp and Lee Winkler (both having reached the World Championship Tour in their illustrious surfing careers).
- CHBC aligned our club with the Naru Indigenous Memorial event held locally, to support the indigenous surfing community and in memory of the former great indigenous Australian Surfing Team Captain – Eric Mercy. This event helps bring awareness to mental health and suicide prevention.
CHBC Team Results
- Australian Boardriders Club of the year in 2016
- 1st Place Sailor Jerry Global SurfTag – Seniors
- Winner – Kirra Junior Challenge ” Club Spirit Award
- 2nd Kirra Teams Challenge – Seniors
- 3rd Kirra Teams Challenge – Juniors
- 3rd Australian Boardriders Battle North Coast
CHBC Individual Results
- Carly Shanahan – Winner of Billabong Pro Junior , Bali
- 4 X Junior CHBC members qualified for Australian Junior Titles ( Club record )
- Ethan Stocks – Winner Billabong Occy Grom Comp
- 6 x CHBC junior surfers selected for Hurley High Performance Camp Jan 2017